Lacey Gaitan, VP of Content and Learning
As the Vice President of Content & Learning for ACCP, it may not surprise you to know that I love to learn! In fact, “Learner” is my #1 strength on the CliftonStrengths report, followed not too far by “Input.” This means I’m very drawn to learning and enjoy collecting information.
This is a fitting strength as my team and I are charged with developing learning opportunities and educational resources to help corporate social impact professionals gain new insights, grow their professional skills, and advance the effectiveness of their CSR efforts.
I consistently hear one question from both those looking to enter the field and those looking to grow in the field: “What certificate, degree, or educational program is there for CSR leaders?” Personally, here are a few that I have benefitted from participating in:
- Certificate in Sustainable Capitalism and ESG
- Certificate of Practice in Corporate Community Involvement
- Impact Leaders Incubator
- Moving DEI from Intention to Impact with Ruchika Tulshyan
- Sustainability Change Agent Accelerator
- Online MPA in Public Administration, Organizational Leadership
There are many more virtual and in-person courses; some are free, some charge and all have different time commitments. So, whether you are a “learner” like me or merely looking for an opportunity to grow professionally, here are some courses, programs, and educational opportunities for social impact professionals to consider.
Courses for those looking to learn more about corporate social impact:
For those in their first one to five years of experience in the corporate citizenship field, check out ACCP’s Forum: A CSR Intensive (April 23-26, 2023).
- Maven: Accelerate Your Social Impact Career
- NYU: Leadership for the 21st Century: Delivering on Purpose and Profit
- Pepperdine: Corporate Social Responsibility Program
- UC Boulder: Certificate in Corporate Social Responsibility
- UPenn: Center for Social Impact Strategy
Courses for those looking to learn more about ESG and Sustainability:
- Concordia: Sustainable Investment Professional Certification
- GRI Academy
- Harvard Extension School: Corporate Sustainability and Innovation Graduate Certificate
- Loyola University Chicago: Baumhart Certificate in ESG
- Terra.do: Climate Change: Learning for Action
- UC Boulder: Climate Action for Business
- UCLA: Sustainability Certificate
- University of Wisconsin: Sustainable Management Certificates
- WholeWorks: Strategic ESG: Creating Sustainable Value Professional Certificate Program
Looking for more? Greenbiz posted a great article with 40 sustainability certifications!
Courses for those looking to learn more about DEI:
- The Diversity Movement: Certified Diversity Professional
- edX: Catalyst Professional Certificate in Inclusive Leadership
- The Herndon Directors Institute prepares minorities and women for participation on corporate boards.
- HR University: Diversity and Inclusion Certification Course
- Human Capital Institute: Strategic Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Certificate
- NYU: Inclusive Leadership: A Competitive Advantage
- Sarah Jane Academy: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion for Practitioners
- UC Boulder: Certificate in Inclusive Leadership
- Udemy: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: A Beginner’s Guide
Social Impact degree opportunities:
Loyola University Chicago:
- The Skoll Scholarship supports MBA students at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, who pursue entrepreneurial solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges.
University of Wisconsin:
- Undergraduate concentration in Environmental, Social and Governance Factors for Business
- MBA: Environmental, Social and Governance Factors for Business
- MBA: Social and Governance Factors for Business
What courses or learning opportunities have you participated in that we’re missing? Please send me a note at Lacey@accp.org with other programs you would recommend or have benefitted from, so we can continue to grow this list together! Sharing knowledge with our community is the foundation of our work here at ACCP, and I look forward to learning alongside you.