Advancing Purpose Amidst Polarization: An ACCP Summit
March 26-27, 2024
1pm – 5pm ET
Interactive Online Program via Zoom
The increasing polarization within our society presents unique challenges and opportunities for purpose-driven companies and social impact practitioners. Yet, it’s never been more important to keep purpose work moving forward. Employees, customers, and investors continue to make critical decisions based on an organization’s CSR, ESG, and DEI commitments and practices.
Join us for Advancing Purpose Amidst Polarization: An ACCP Summit designed to provide a road map for corporate social impact practitioners navigating this complex landscape today and into the future. Hear from experts in the field and your peers on how to dial down the noise and propel the work forward.
Learn the latest insights on:
- Current and anticipated ESG regulations, how companies communicate about the work, and the ongoing backlash
- How the SCOTUS decision on Affirmative Action is affecting company DEI programs, including work with nonprofits on workforce development funding
- Civic and employee engagement in an election year
While some of these topics apply globally, this Summit will have a US-centric lens to the conversation.
Attendees will leave the Summit with:
- A thorough grasp of the political landscape surrounding social impact programs and why companies should not stall their initiatives,
- Innovative ideas to involve, support, and encourage employees and customers to participate in civic engagement.
- A better understanding of the legal and compliance ramifications of ESG regulations and the Affirmative Action decision on current social impact programs.
- Compelling case studies spotlighting how other companies are successfully navigating the current environment and actionable recommendations to move purpose programs forward in your organization.
- How to have effective conversations at work about difficult topics.
Who Should Attend
- Corporate Social impact leaders responsible for or contributing to their organizations’ ESG, CSR, or DEI initiatives.
- Corporate leaders, HR team members, or those who advise and collaborate with social impact programs and want to better understand the recent headlines around CSR/ESG and how other companies are responding.
- Employee Resource Group (ERG) leaders interested in learning more about how the current environment may impact their efforts.
- Nonprofit leaders whose partnerships and corporate relationships are impacted by recent changes and upcoming regulations.
- ACCP Members: $450
- Nonprofit partners of ACCP member companies: $450 (you will need to input your partner contact/company during registration)
- Non-ACCP Members: $650
*This is a tentative agenda and is subject to change.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Today’s Political Impacts on CSR: A Review of the Current Landscape and How to Push Purpose Forward
- Affirmative Action: What We Know Today and How It Affects Social Impact
- The State of Workforce Development Programs
- Breakouts on Corporate Commitments to Racial Equity
- ESG Regulations: What’s Here and What’s Coming
- ESG Backlash – What’s Really Happening at the Corporate Level and How Is it Changing Comms and Commitment
- Conflict Evolution: Navigating Difficult Conversations at Work
- Empowering Employees in an Election Year
- The Authenticity Imperative
Changing Our World
Senior Managing Director
Changing Our World
Head of Diversity & Community Relations
Janus Henderson Foundation
President & CEO
Chief Equity and Impact Office
Associate Vice President – Corporate Social Responsibility
Co-Founder & CEO
NYU Stern School of Business
Director, Public Affairs & Strategic Research
Social Impact Consultant