Impact Measurement: An ACCP Summit
December 5-6 2023
1pm – 5pm ET
Interactive Online Program via Zoom
Determining your company’s impact and communicating it effectively, both within the organization and to external stakeholders, has never been more vital. But determining what to measure and how can pose a challenge for many businesses.
Join us for Impact Measurement: An ACCP Summit to learn about the current trends and challenges in the impact measurement landscape today and how companies are changing their metrics and processes to better measure the effect of their CSR work on both community outcomes and business results.
Attendees will leave the Summit with:
- Foundational knowledge around creating or applying an impact measurement framework and the challenges within impact measurement today
- Recommendations to be more efficient with and better understand the “What, Why, and How” of their current impact measurement practices
- Insight into the many ways other organizations handle impact measurement, both internally and externally, through multiple peer networking breakout sessions.
- Ideas on how to use their data beyond reporting to better inform their social impact programs
*Details subject to change.
- Session: Introduction to Measurement: B4SI Framework (optional)
- Welcome and Introductions
- Session: Exploring the Current Measurement Landscape
- Session: Good Data Measurement: Asking the Tough Questions First
- Industry Breakouts
- Session: Impact Measurement in Action
- Welcome & Recap of Day 1
- Session: Exploring Co-Creation and Analyzing Efficiencies in Impact Measurement
- Breakouts by Strategic Philanthropic Focus Areas
- Session: Employee Engagement: Ways to Measure and Ways to Use
- Session: The Next Step: Data Assurance
Session: Introduction to Measurement: B4SI Framework (Optional)
Would you like an introduction to the world of social impact measurement? Or perhaps a quick refresh? Join this interactive session led by Business for Societal Impact (B4SI), the global standard for measuring and managing social impact. Attendees will learn about the B4SI Community Investment Framework, be introduced to the starting points for effective measurement, and be shown examples of other organizations using the framework to communicate their impact on society.
This session is recommended as a baseline for the Summit for those with less experience.
Welcome and Introductions
Session: Exploring the Current Measurement Landscape
This session will dive deep into current trends, expectations, and pain points amongst those in the corporate social impact field in evaluating the impact of their programs.
Session: Good Data Measurement: Asking the Tough Questions First
How do companies know what they should be measuring? How can we make sure we truly understand why we are gathering the data and how it will be used? This session will explore these questions and how companies can better prepare themselves and apply principles of good data management.
An opportunity to explore and ask questions of industry peers about current data processes, tools, structure, and responsibilities at your company.
Session: Impact Measurement in Action
Changing our World and Xcel Energy will discuss Xcel’s recent efforts to better capture and communicate the impact of its Focus Area Grant program. They will review the challenges the Foundation faced in their previous measurement approach and their current work to develop a logic model framework, including the role of stakeholder engagement to refine their approach and better support their nonprofit partners, as well as examples of the tools they’re utilizing to measure impact.
Welcome and Recap of Day 1
Session: Exploring Co-Creation and Analyzing Efficiencies in Impact Measurement
Part of the challenge with Impact Measurement is the lack of standardization in outcomes but also the capacity of nonprofit partners to capture and analyze their data. This panel discussion will explore how three companies have changed their approach to streamline metrics, involve grantees in the process, the adjustments made to their programs as a result, and the challenges they continue to face.
Breakouts by Strategic Philanthropic Focus Areas
An opportunity to dialogue with your peers about the metrics and outcomes you are measuring for your external programs, challenges you currently face, and tips you have found successful in this area.
Session: Employee Engagement: Ways to Measure and Ways to Use
Tracking volunteer participation and employee giving is a standard output many companies use today. However, there are many other ways to assess employee engagement and the impact the work of social impact teams has on our workforces. Join this discussion as several companies share what data they are capturing and how they have used it to inform their programs for the better.
An opportunity to discuss what companies are measuring internally, how you assess your programs’ impact on your employees, and what challenges or wins you have faced in this area.
Session: The Next Step: Data Assurance
Many companies are now facing demands to validate their impact measurement data. What can companies expect this process to look like, and how can they prepare?
Who Should Attend
- Corporate social impact leaders in the process of evaluating program effectiveness.
- CSR professionals responsible for corporate reporting efforts.
- HR team members looking to understand the relevance of social impact initiatives on employee engagement levels.
- Nonprofit partners interested in understanding how Corporate Citizenship teams approach impact measurement.
- ACCP Members: $395
- Nonprofit partners of ACCP member companies: $395 (you will need to input your partner contact/company during registration)
- Non-ACCP Members: $595